Tuesday, May 7, 2013

eire band, lost pics, and galway trip

You may remember me mentioning Eire Band earlier, a talent show we had here copying Air Band, a lip synching competition at Taylor. I got the videos of the performances I was in from a friend, so I decided to share one of them with you all!

The song is "Falling Slowly," a duet that is actually from the musical Once we got to see earlier in the semester that takes place in Ireland. I am singing with Zach Eastburn, one of our assistant directors here (recent TU grad).


These are pictures I took on my ipod (reason for the poorer quality) in Northern Ireland when my camera died. This was when we were exploring the ruins near our hostel on the beach.                                                                                                                                                                                                      

double rainbow! see the faint second one?

other end of the double rainbow (very faint)




Last week we went back to Glendalough, the monastic site we visited at the beginning of our time here, and did a really long hike (about 3 hours). We were blessed with a gorgeous day (as we usually seem to be :) and I really enjoyed it though it was quite strenuous!

Saw this guy as we hiked.







Here begins our trip to Galway (four days, three nights).

The Burn desert in Ireland with lots and lots of limestone.

I... can't remember what this tomb was called.


Aka cliffs of Insanity for you Princess Bride lovers, part of a Harry Potter film was made here, and Leap Year had a scene here, as well.

Yes, it was stunning. Enjoyed laying down with my head over the edge... :)

We took a day trip to the Aran Islands, rented bikes, and biked 5 miles to Dun Aengus.

Dun Aengus.

Peeking. So. Beautiful.

Kylemore Abbey


Another beautiful monastic site: Clonmacnoise

I sort of gave up on getting pictures without any tourists in them somewhere along the line :)





Finally, today we went to Powerscourt, a mansion where one of the wealthiest families in Ireland used to live which now has an Avoca inside and is a place for tourists to visit. We walked around with BEAUTIFUL sunshine and warmth!


Japanese Garden




This picture is awful because I took it on the moving bus, but this is the site of a scene in Leap Year, a chick flick that takes place in Ireland that I really really love despite its major cheesiness and lack of geographic accuracy... :)


I am so sad to have finished our final trip. This last week is one full of papers and making travel plans. I'm trying my best to savor these last few days in this incredible country with the wonderful friends I have made. I'm also getting really really excited to go to Italy, Paris, and Barcelona!!

No comments:

Post a Comment